The Good and the Bad of Grocery Shopping
There are times when grocery shopping can be a wonderful break from everyday life. Those times are when you can leave the kids at home, stop by Dillons Marketplace, pick up your favorite caffeinated drink from the in-store Starbucks, and leisurely stroll the aisles.
Unfortunately, this is not always the case and sometimes grocery shopping is the absolute worst. You know what I’m talking about, the kids are cranky and the one banana from the kid’s snack basket (bless Dillons for this) only kept them quiet long enough to get to the Natural Foods section and no further. The list is only a third done and World War III is about to erupt in your cart. Hours later, after playing referee while trying to check deals against your list you are home, completely exhausted. Another thirty minutes (at least) and everyone is inside, including the groceries. Hopefully, everything made it to the freezer. Forget dinner at this point.
Enter Dillons Marketplace’s Newest Service: ClickList!
I thought the free healthy snacks for kids was a genius move, but this is even better! According to the website, you shop ONLINE and then pick it up later when you are available. Sounds too good to be true doesn’t? Well, it is true! Here is how it works:
- Log into your account and they put your most recent and often items purchased at the top of the list. They even include items that are on sale!
- Then fill out your list. Once you have found what you need from the 40,000 items available hit checkout.
- Your Estimated Total will pop up on the right side and your items the left. New customers to the service will get their $4.95 service fee waived for their first three orders! Bonus! If everything is correct then the next screen takes you to a drop down menu where you pick your date and time for pickup. The first day that ClickList pickup is available in Hutchinson is Thursday, October 6th. After that, a simple form to fill out your name and contact number is all that stands between you and fast groceries!
In a Hutchinson News article, Kroger’s Community and Public Relations Manger Sheila Lowrie calmed fears of badly picked produce by assuring customers that ClickList associates are specially trained not only in the ClickList service but also to pick out fresh dairy and produce. Hopefully, this means they are better at picking out ripe avocados then I am, I mean there is no way they are worse.
A Few More Exciting Highlights
- You don’t have to live in Hutchinson to take advantage of this service. You have a one-hour pick-up window that you get to choose. Meaning even if the kids make you late, you still have time to get your groceries.
- They have next day service. Make sure and complete your order by midnight and you will have the option to pick up your groceries the next morning. Perfect for surprise company or that party you just haven’t had time to plan.
- You don’t have to get out of your car! They bring the groceries out to you, you pay for your order at your car and they help you load up all while the kiddos stay safely buckled up!
Kudos Dillons for helping save me from another disaster of a grocery shopping trip with kids! One last suggestion, though, can you add Starbucks ordering and delivery too?