– pregnancy loss, stillbirth, termination, infant death-
Mid Kansas Doula Services is proud to partner with BirthWaves to offer families in Kansas with bereavement doula services after the loss of a baby.
Owners Katie and Michele are certified Bereavement Doulas with StillBirthday and are comfortable with assisting families before, during and after the loss of a pregnancy or child during infancy.
BirthWaves is a nonprofit organization that gives families access to birth and postpartum doulas during and after the loss of their child. There is no charge for this service and we are proud to be a partner and a friend of such an amazing organization.
- Planning– we will sit down with you and talk about what your plans and wishes are for your birth. Whether your baby will be born early in the first trimester, late in the third, or somewhere in between, we will help you gather your thoughts and make any decisions regarding your body and your baby.
- Birth companion– your doula will join you for the birth of your baby and stay up to 2 hours after the birth.
- Resource guide– there may be a lot of information given to you in the moments and days before your baby’s birth. We can help organize all of the information so you can decide what is best for you and your family.
- Birth recovery– your Postpartum doula can help with basic questions about what changes your body will see immediately after the birth of your baby. We can also help you make a list of things to ask your care provider
- Lactation support– whether you are wanting to pump milk to donate or share, or you want to help your body stop producing milk, we will give you resources to make the best decision for yourself.
- Help at home– you have access to in home support by a trained and qualified doula that will not only treat you with the utmost care, she can help with light housekeeping and meal prep as well.
- Funeral arrangements– if you would like to have a memorial or funeral service for your baby, the team at BirthWaves is more than happy to connect you to the resources you will need.
If you are interested in having a doula during/after the loss of your baby, reach out to MKDS by phone, or email BirthWaves at firstname.lastname@example.org.